As with any wedding everyone was taking photos; even the best man.
.
.
.
This is the groom's family: my mate, his new wife, his sister (Lindsey) and her son (Max).
.
.
I've known Max since he was born and I suspect he's going to be a charmer.
.
Here's a posed photo for our parents.
The guests made their way (in the rain) from the ceremony venue to the lunch venue - a Thames river cruise boat.
Thank goodness the top deck was half covered so we could all enjoy the pre lunch tipple without getting too wet.
.
.
.
And a couple of photos.
This is the gang which we hung out with when we lived in Berkshire.
I never saw them so spiffy.
We headed up the river to Windsor Castle and saw some fantastic homes.
This is the largest brick built single span bridge in England. An engineering feat.
We also saw that the circus was in town and had set up in one of the only open areas of the river bank.
There are a lot of swans on this part of the river and they are cared for by the Queen's game keepers (well they are officially owned by the Queen even if she doesn't eat them). Here are a couple of her dutiful servants tending to one of her flocks.
When we reached Windsor Castle and the Royal Pier we turned around and headed back down the river.
.
.
.
Throughout the journey we had to traverse 2 locks so the gang decided to ensure that everyone knew that our friend got married. As you can see they are a subtle bunch.
We all headed below deck to grab a spot of lunch and to toast to the happy couple.
.
.
.
As with any good English wedding we headed to the pub for the remainder of the festivities.
I got alittle cool so Sir Mike (my knight in stunnning suit) draped his jacket over my sholders. A true gentleman.
.
.
We were a tad concerned when we spotted this sign from the pub balcony.
I'm not sure what they are telling us. Maybe that if you drive off the edge there will be waves?
It's not exactly saying don't drive your car off the edge. I wonder how many people have done this to warrant a metal sign? A few more champaignes and we might see.
The sun went down so we encouraged the bride and groom to do their official first duty together by cutting the cake.
We caught the groom trying to have a piece of cake.
.
.
.
Next was the first dance. As you can see I couldn't help gigling.