27 July 2009

SILVERSTONE CLASSIC CAR RACING


We went to Silverstone racing track to witness the 3 day classic racing car rally. Now this isn't my thing, but it was interesting.


Almost all the staff were volunteers and they were having a wonderful time. I spoke to some and they are definitely car nuts (Anoraks/ Fanatics). Many had taken annual leave just to stand and watch the cars go round and round.


I got a bit bored (don't tell the guys I went with) so I decided to get Mike to take some arty photos (above).


Now this is a hotted up mini.

Interesting in itself, however it is owned by Mr Death (oohhh yeah!). However, his last name is said De Ath. I myself would prefer DEATH. ;-)

Here we have the innards of a hotted up mini.
..

Now, that I've thoroughly bored you; lets stop for lunch (and a pint).



On of us wanted to get back to the cars and didn't want to wait for the rest to finish.

.

This is Mike's dream car....

The racing finished around 7pm so we wondered back to our campsite.

We decided not to cook so ordered pizza delivery.

Amazingly, they delivered to the reception of the camp ground.

:-)

.

.

The sunset was glorious.

.

.

In the morning we trekked across the paddocks to Silverstone entrance to watch more cars.




Now, Mr Death was racing in his hotted up mini. He went off. Like S**t off a shanghai.

Vroooooooommmm





As you can see sometimes the cars break down or crash. This truck is towing two very expensive cars with very expensive repairs.

Now a little quiz.

What are these blue things?

Have you guessed yet?

They are our seating!

Comfy or what?!

Not very. We ended up sitting on the cement behind the plastic.

I'm not quite sure why there's a slit in the middle. I'm not sure I want to know!

.

Just before we left it got a bit windy but that didn't stop some of the guys from catching a few zzzz's.

.

Three days, little sleep, lots of cars and some beer had caught up with us all. We gladly left having had a wonderful time.