GETTING SOME KIT (TAKE 2)
The instructor looked at my board and was astounded at how crap it was.
When he dropped it on the ground it didn’t move. This is not what it’s supposed to do. It’s supposed to slide.
This was thought to be partly why I was soooo crap.
He let me use his board which was definitely more slippy (not a technical term) and I again fell over lots.
I went to the ski hire place after our lesson and had the delight of being served by Simon again.
I explained that the instructor had told me to go and get a new board (he had specifically said not to get them to wax it but to replace it). I embellished a little by saying he said a few French words which I didn’t want to repeat. (he heee)
Simon asked which instructor it was and I said it was one of the ones in the red jackets (another white lie).
This seemed to hit a nerve and he replaced the board instantly. However, he grumbled that the English Instructor was an arrogant arsehole who should’ve come to him directly.
I just stood there whilst he swore in French a bit.
When I received my board he seemed to take a bit of pity on my by saying that ‘Tell him that Simon say’s XXXXXX.’.
I just smiled and asked for a helmet as well.
He handed me one and I could almost make out his thoughts; 'she'll need it with an incompetent instructor' (or probably a more rude version of that).
I said thank you and departed with the knowledge that I had again wreaked havoc on his peaceful lazy day.
Hee heee.