3 March 2009

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?

Now this looks like an ordinary toilet in an ordinary hotel bathroom.

Looks can be deceiving.

Now I've experienced the fact that generally Europe has differently shaped toilets to Britain. The bowl is shallower to catch your deposits. This is due to the obsession of inspecting ones effluent to check on your general health. In Britain this practice has long died out and the bowls are deeper with more water for easy disposal.

I was expecting the traditional version of the bowl but was surprised that the toilet was very much like an English toilet. However; I was shocked when we discovered our toilet had a strainer. This meant that any deposits had to be sucked through to be flushed away.

To remove all the contents of the bowl there was an almighty extremely noisy compression unit situated in the wall of the bathroom. This was so noisy that it would wake other guests 3 rooms down the hall.

All in all it was a unique toilet experience each and every time you used this facility.