4 March 2009

CLOWNING AROUND
On the way back from the slopes (with Mick) to the hotel at the end of my snowboarding day, I noticed a man in a colourful coat a few feet in front of me. I was extremely impressed by his jacket that I began to take more notice of him.
.
I soon realised his hat was multi coloured and he was wearing large red bulbous shoes. He was also carrying a very full large red bag.
.
Suddenly we were at the gondolas and the man went into the one in front of me towards the main shopping area.
.
When we'd gotten off the gondola I asked Mick if he'd take my photo with the man as I had concluded (without seeing his face) that he was a man who'd appreciate a photo with me. Mick declined with the excuse that 'the poor man has probably had a day with screaming kids'.
.
Seeing my enthusiasm and obvious determination to get a photo, he point blankly stated 'NO.'
.
I retaliated with 'But no one will believe me!'. This plea went to no avail.
.
Disappointed I sulked as I walked the last leg to the hotel.
.
At dinner I told everyone of my vision. They quite rightly told me that I'd fallen several times that day and I'd knocked my head. Many laughed whilst others suggested I stop drinking.
.
Miffed I stopped protesting.
.
Thankfully, when the Wayward Child's partner escorted her out for a walk around the town the next day we ran into the same man.
.
Delighted I excitedly pleaded my partner for him to take a photograph of the Clown (and me). Seeing my excitement he conceded.
.
I then approached the man and asked if I could have a photo. He accepted this and smiled.
.
After the photo, he proceeded to stiltedly tell me (in French and English) that he had a business in the town. He was known as 'Camembert the Clown' and was available for children parties, etc.
.
.
Later that day we wondered down to the supermarket and noticed many of Camembert's posters.