I ended up doing some work at home but as I had a very bad cold it was a bit difficult. The consultation was that I was indoors and warm; not to mention, I didn't have to endure the transport system.
I did however, venture out at lunch time (in between snow showers) and took some more pics of our local area.
Oddly, it was hard to get photos without people in them. It appears that everyone had the same idea - go out and play in the snow on your unofficial day off work.
People weren't on the play equipment however, they did make snowmen wherever they could. The parks were littered with various sized snowmen.
One enterprising group of kids decided that an orange ball would work well in the snow as a soccer ball. They then played soccer for an hour or two on the park's pitch.
Others were making snowmen with their parents. Often these were so big that they were taller than me. Often the people had given up after making the base. Some had been destroyed by rivals.
It was nice to see everyone out and enjoying the weather.
Unfortunately, there is always the exception. The local CHAVs offspring decided that throwing snowballs at each other was so 'yesterday'. They brought the game into the 21st century by throwing snowballs at passing cars.
The most frightening part of this behaviour was that no adult was willing to confront them and tell them that this behaviour could result in a car accident. People just walked on by; some even laughing when cars screeched to a halt.
Me being me, did confront the 20 strong group aged between 10 to 15. This was met with abuse of various types (swearing, yelling, plus more). They did not move immediately, however, when I walked past the area 5 mins later they'd moved on. I hope that they'd not just moved up the street.




