One tourist guide states:
The Copping Colonial Convict Exhibition is a collection of convict memorabilia which features a diverse range of convict-era relics and antiques. The collection includes childhood treasures and one of only three cars manufactured in Australia in the 19th century. You can browse through the array of authentic artefact's and gain an insight in the Tasman Peninsula's convict history.
Sounds ok.
In retrospect it was a 'must see to believe'. Absolutely freaky! 

On pulling into the car park we noticed the unusual decorations; the highlight of which was the mannequins (above).
These were made by the original owner/curator. They move!
Actually, all the mannequins move and were designed to show visitors items in motion.
Scary stuff for me.
The inside museum consisted of two main rooms and was basically a Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) persons version of a nightmare. Everything was piled everywhere and hanging from the roof. However, there were loose themes where similar items were near each other.

Dust was everywhere as you couldn't conceivable clean everything. And it smelled of dust and old mold (especially where the dolls were)
Everyone else was engrossed in the items on display and wasn't as disturbed as I was.
Or so I thought.
Apparently the collection of dolls did give the others the creeps but this was due to their eyes (some were broken whilst others seemed to follow you).
I noticed that a lot of the items would be quite valuable if sold at auction. I asked the lady at the reception and she informed me that they'd had offers for some pieces (often well above the price they'd get at auction) however, they'd refused to sell. They believe that it would diminish the museum if they did this.
The original owner was known locally as the 'junk man' as he would collect anything that was tossed out. He was married and I got the impression that his wife was ok with this eccentricity as long as it was contained in the shed. The shed, by the way, had obviously been extended several times.
I thought I'd seen the whole collection when I went out the back door. I was wrong.
There were several large 'art pieces' made by the owner in his more creative moments.